Fergus Electric Cooperative, Inc. is seeking a qualified journeyman lineman for a position in Lewistown, Montana.
Fergus Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric cooperative serving 6500 meters in central Montana. Central Montana is a pristine recreational area surrounded by scenic island mountain ranges and the town of Lewistown is known for its good and plentiful drinking water.
The successful candidate must possess a great attitude, good work ethic, and be committed to safety and service to co-op members. Fergus Electric is committed to having a strong safety program and safety is the co-op’s priority.
The co-op offers an excellent benefit package.
Job requirements include a Union Journeyman Lineman Certification, high school diploma, and a valid Montana Class A Commercial Driver License, with an excellent driving record. An employment physical and a drug screen are required.
Duties, skills and abilities:
- Construction, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground distribution and transmission systems. Knowledge of RUS specifications is preferred.
- Must have ability to climb power poles.
- Must have ability to operate digger derricks, bucket trucks, backhoes, skid steers and snow cats.
- Must comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Must have knowledge and ability to perform hot work.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be skilled and able to clear and maintain power line rights of way.
- Must have effective communication skills.
- Must be available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime during power outages and/or emergencies.
- This position is active and requires daily lifting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Employment applications are available online at www.ferguselectric.coop; or call 406-538-3465 to request an application. Please send resume and application to: Dale Rikala, Fergus Electric Co-op, Inc., 84423 U.S. Highway 87, Lewistown, MT 59457-2058; email email@example.com; or call 406-538-3465. Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, April 15.
Fergus Electric Cooperative, Inc., in Lewistown, Montana, is searching for qualified candidates for the position of general manager.
Fergus Electric is headquartered in Lewistown, a beautiful area in the center of Montana. Lewistown is a town of approximately 6,000 residents and is surrounded by the scenic island mountains of central Montana – The Big Snowies, Judith, Moccasins, Bull, Highwood, Little Belt, Castle and Crazy Mountains. Central Montana is a pristine recreational area and Lewistown is known for having good and plentiful drinking water.
The long-term general manager has informed the board of his retirement date effective June 25, 2020. The successful candidate will be starting employment on or before that date.
To be considered, candidates must have experience in administration, operations or management in the electric utility industry. Knowledge and familiarity of the cooperative model is desired. A bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, engineering or a related field is required. Candidates are desired to have a broad background, including financials, operations, budgeting, strategic planning, power supply, public relations, employee relations and community involvement.
Fergus Electric Cooperative offers a competitive salary and benefits package. A job description and employment application are available at www.ferguselectric.coop
Applications will be accepted until March 20, 2020. Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Fergus Electric Cooperative, Inc.
c/o Stogsdill & Birdwell, P.C.
224 W Main St., Suite 511
Lewistown, MT 59457
Please contact Board President Paul Descheemaeker at (406) 366-1380 with questions.