Park Electric has an opening for a journeyman lineman due to a retirement. Our cooperative’s coverage area lies across 4 counties in Southwest Montana. Work includes new installations, tree trimming, maintenance and troubleshooting on transmission and distribution electrical systems including overhead and underground lines. The successful applicant must live within 30 minutes of our office located in Livingston Montana. Park County offers lots of outdoor recreation like hunting, fishing, boating, camping, hiking and other outdoor activities, meet the requirements below and want to join a professional hard-working team, please submit your application. This is a bargaining unit position represented by IBEW #532.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Journeyman Lineman certification
- Completion of a formal training program for a Journeyman Lineman
- Must meet examining board review of skills and experience.
- Must own, or be able to obtain, a Class A Montana Commercial Driver’s License.
- Physical demands of the job can be extreme and include but are not limited to coordination, the ability to drive, to sit, to climb poles, steel structures, and ladders. The ability to work at elevations high from the ground in awkward fully extended positions, to crawl, to work in a bent over position, to walk over steep rough terrain carrying 50 or more pounds. Regularly lift 50 pounds, occasionally lift 100 pounds, use tools and controls requiring dexterity and feeling with the hands, hear over the phone/radio and in group settings and adequate vision including close, distance, peripheral and color vision and depth perception for performance of all tasks of the position. The employee must be able to withstand working in hot and severely cold working environments that at times are extremely windy.
A pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol test will be conducted
A field test requiring climbing will be part of the interview process
Applications are available online at www.parkelectric.coop. Send applications to Matt Grose, Operations Manager, Park Electric, P.O. Box 1119, Livingston, MT 59047; email email@example.com @parkelectric.coop phone: 406-222-7778. This position will remain open until filled.
Wage or Salary:
$45.93/$47.54 after November 1st 2020
Benefits per IBEW Agreement
Hill County Electric Cooperative is hiring an Electric Lineman at the Journeyman or Apprentice level.
Candidates must complete or have successfully completed an approved apprenticeship course, have proven ability and demonstrated competence in all facets of line work and use of associated equipment. Other requirements include: HS Diploma or GED, ability to obtain & maintain a Class A CDL, insurable driving record, and pass a drug screening. Candidates may apply by visiting the careers website at hcelectric.com.
North Central Electric Cooperative, an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Bottineau, ND seeks qualified candidates for the position of Business Manager.
The Business Manager is a department head, reports directly to the General Manager, and is a valued member of the management team. Candidate must be highly organized and proficient in Microsoft Office applications. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field of study is required.
The Business Manager is responsible for and supervises all integrated accounting and finance functions for the cooperative including but not limited to financial transactions, electric billing, cash management, budget, audit, and maintenance of records of all financial and accounting activities in accordance with established board policies and generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
North Central Electric serves the North Central region of ND with 7,620 meters, 3,287 miles of distribution line, $87 million in plant and $27 million in annual revenues. Bottineau is located in North Central ND in the Turtle Mountain region of ND and in the heart of the Four Seasons Playground. This area is renowned for its fishing, boating, mountain biking trails, and hunting both big and small game. Winter time activities include snowmobiling, ice fishing, downhill and cross-country skiing. Bottineau has an excellent school system with a new elementary school opening in the fall of 2020. Bottineau is also home to Dakota College at Bottineau.
The cooperative offers an excellent benefit package and salary will be commensurate with experience. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send resumes by mail to Wayne Martian, Manager, North Central Electric Cooperative Inc, 538 11th St W, Bottineau, ND 58318; by fax to 701-228-2592: or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete job description is available upon request.